We provide universal authentication and authorization services for both web and mobile. Pelcro leverages state-of-the-art hashing algorithms to ensure the security of customer passwords. Below are some of the available functionalities:
- Password creation
- Update password
- Forgot password user journey (Platform & API)
- Password reset user journey (Platform & API)
Pelcro allows your users to sign in to your platform using credentials from supported external social identity providers. After the user has successfully authenticated, they are returned to your platform, and their social profile information is pulled into your Pelcro directory within the meta-data.
Below, you'll find a list of the supported social identity provider platforms, along with the steps to enable them for your site:
To enable the Google login/register buttons, you will have to follow the steps below:
- Create Google authorization credentials by following the steps outlined here.
- Enter your Google client ID in the Pelcro settings page here.
To enable the Facebook login/register buttons, you will have to follow the steps below:
- Create a developer account on Facebook by clicking here.
- Register a Facebook application by clicking here.
- Enter your Facebook App ID in the Pelcro settings page here. (Note that your Facebook App needs to have completed the Data Use checkup on Facebook's side in order to be able to integrate with Pelcro's social login functionality. For more information please check this page)
Note that, the Facebook & Google login/register buttons will automatically appear if you are using the default Pelcro user interface. If the interface has been customized, you will either need to implement the buttons yourself or ask your account manager for assistance.
For more information about our social login functionality, please refer to the below documentation links:
Pelcro uses the end user's email and password as the main authentication mechanism. Unique rules are implemented on the platform to eliminate duplicate users using the same email across the same site. Note that an account can have multiple sites associated with it.
Emails will be required to be unique across each account. If a customer tries to register twice using the same email, and error will be thrown in the registration process. If a business has multiple sites under the same account, a user created under the first site can log in to the second site using the same credentials.
Collaborator emails are also required to be unique across our platform. This means that you can only create one Pelcro account using your email address.
Single user authentication is a solution to prevent concurrent logins, which is to prevents users from staying logged into the same account from multiple places.
To disable or enable single user authentication, you will have to follow the steps below:
- Login to your Pelcro account.
- Click on the administrator link on the top right.
- Click on settings.
- Click on "Settings" under "Site settings".
- Click on "Enable single user authentication".
Updated 11 days ago