Now that we've covered the products side of things, we'll dive into "plans".
Plans are usually tied to a product, and as mentioned earlier, a plan allows you to set different pricing options, intervals or currencies to sell your product.
There are generally two types or categories of plans which you can choose setup for your business, according to your business strategy:
- Online Plans: These are plans which are typically available and offered to your customers through your normal, publicly available channels (e.g. your website or application), which your customers can locate and subscribe to directly.
- Offline Plans: These are plans which will not be typically available to all of your customers to subscribe to directly, and usually available through a direct link that you can choose to share with your customers or a subset of your customers. Examples of offline plans can include plans which are expired, inactive, retired, or no longer available for new subscriptions.
From the toolbar, go to "Products". You'll be redirected to the main page allowing you to view all existing products. From there, you will need to select the product to which you'd like to add a plan.
Click on "View" on the line level of the product, then when redirected to the detailed view of the product, click on the "Add pricing plan" button.
Once you've clicked on the button, you'll be redirected to the Pricing Plan creation page.
To create a new plan, you'll need to enter the following information:
- Nickname: Name of the Plan.
- Product Type: Auto-renew product VS a one time purchase
- Currency: Currency tied to your pricing plan
- Unit Price: Price per unit
- Billing Interval: determines the length of your plan (monthly or yearly)
- Interval Count: determines the count of your billing interval. (i.e.; for the "Billing interval = Monthly" I'll have an "Interval Count = 1"
- Trial Period in days: As part of this plan, you can offer your customers a number of trial days
- Shipments per interval: Based on the billing interval selected above, you will have X amount of shipments that will be shipped to your customers during that interval.
- Description: Your pricing plan description
- Plan available only in these countries: Limits the access to this pricing plan, only for the selected countries. The user will only see plans that are available in his country.
- Entitlements: The entitlements that are available to the user upon subscribing to this plan. The entitlements will enable you to control the features that a user has access to.
- Is this plan available online: Determines whether the plan is available online or not
- Is this plan refundable: Determines whether the plan is refundable or not.
- Revenue recognition type: To configure whether this plan should be recognized on a time basis or shipment basis
- Send Invoice: To allow customers to subscribe to this plan via invoice (e.g. via check or wire payments).
Once you've entered all of the Pricing Plan's related information, save it. You should now be able to see your pricing plan listed in the plan list, linked to that product.
Note: Free trials only work on paid plans which are on auto-renew.
Once you've created your plan, the only way to be able to view it would by accessing the Product tied to the plan. You would be able to view the summarized view of the plan.
In order to edit an existing Plan, go to your product, and find the plan you wish to edit from the plan list view. Click on "Edit Pricing Plan". You'll be redirected to the edit page of the pricing plan. From there, you'll be able to modify the following fields:
- Trial Period in days
- Shipments per interval
- Apple Product ID
- Plan available only in these countries
- Is the plan available online?
- Is the plan refundable?
Once you're done updating the plan, click on the "Update Pricing Plan" button, and your changes will be reflected on the pricing plan.
Deleting an existing pricing plan, will completely delete the plan from your Pelcro instance.
As much as we do NOT recommend the deletion of a plan, you can still perform this action as an Admin.
Archiving a plan, allows you to remove the plan from your list view, while still keeping it in your Pelcro database.
Updated 26 days ago