Pliny the Elder
True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read.”
(AD 23-AD 79)
Gaius Plinius Secundus, better known as Pliny the Elder, was a Roman author, philosopher, and an esteemed naval commander. Pliny is best known for writing the Natural History encyclopedia, which became a substitute for general education at the time. It is now considered one of the greatest literary monuments of classical antiquity.
Pliny's greatest strength was his ability & perception to methodically assemble and correlate unrelated facts, recognize details ignored by others, and link them to data to provide engaging stories. In a similar fashion, we aspire for our platform to exhibit adaptability. With every new release, we ensure that all of our core and integrative components are not only fostered by sensible defaults and systematic research of your needs & goals, but also by examining how the small bits & pieces can be intricately modified and quickly adopted to continue delivering tangible value, and an effective digital platform for your business.
Here's what you can expect in our new release:
You can now choose to apply a coupon to a specific number or periods (only monthly is supported) in order to control the coupon validity. (for example, a coupon for a monthly subscription which applies only for the first 3 months). This is a useful enhancement for your limited time offers.
We've tweaked our paywall configurations so that it now provides you with more control on segmenting and targeting end-users based on article metatags. Using this feature, you can control access over sections/pages that are part of the paywall configuration metatags, to which your users are subscribed. This helps you offer multiple products on your website with different privileges and tiering.
While it might not be the most glamorous feature added within this release, this update will now provide a range of mass actions on your eCommerce orders, including: exporting, fulfillment, returns, and cancellations. Mass actions are a huge time saver for your admins and support as they allow them to quickly and easily act on more than one eCommerce order.
The accounting report will now contain the opening balance for deferred revenue and accounts receivable per month so that your team doesn't have to maintain the balance themselves.
Subscription exports now include the plan entitlements, to help you tie plans and subscriptions together for a more streamlined reporting.
We've added a new billing setting to allow you to control the credit card transaction flow, from a security perspective, by only allowing successful CVC checks to complete a given payment.
For an enhanced search experience and performance, we've separated out searching customer addresses through the address list, similar to the search mechanisms for customers. This will allow you to accurately list address information in a quick fashion.
We've made several little enhancements on our platform for some of the components and forms which will help you enjoy an optimal experience using Pelcro.
Our core API will now provide you with control over the number of objects per page which are returned through GET requests. This helps you have a "page break" with a more organized result-set.
We're doubling down on API control, by introducing sorting and filtration mechanisms to our core API components. Filtering and sorting capabilities enable you to build complex queries in order to find exactly what you are looking for when working with our API resources, and simplifies your navigation within our API resources by defining a sort order and filtering entries at the same time.
Using the Core API, you can now retrieve all of the products which you have set up on your site, including migrated products as well as offline ones, and even the ones that do not have a configuration yet.
We've added two new fields under the core API methods for our coupons: 'List coupons' and 'Get coupon', which will allow you to retrieve information on coupon expiry dates, and coupon current redemptions.
- We're introducing a new integration with Pardot, the powerful marketing automation tool to help marketing and sales teams find and nurture the best leads, close more deals, and maximize ROI. Pelcro now provides you with the ability to syncs contact information as Prospects on Pardot in real-time as well as Lists subscriptions. Check out more information here.
Pelcro also now integrates with Zinio, the platform which brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. Check out more information here.
INTERFACE REFINEMENT & CUSTOMIZATION
- Social login buttons are here! Our new React Elements components will fast-track sign ups and eliminate the overhead of the manual registration process, so that it does not take too long for your visitors to signup. Users will now be able sign-up (and log-in) to your website using their existing login information from social media networks like Facebook, Google, etc. Some of the added benefits you can expect include:
- Puts an end to the headache of remembering passwords.
- Reduces the abandonment rates and increase your conversions by allowing a hassle-free checkout experience.
- Encourages your customers to sign up in a quick span, hence reducing your bounce rates and increasing the average site time simultaneously.
- When it comes to the online experience, every. second. counts. Your customers can now select one of their existing card(s) when they're signing up to a subscription or purchasing an e-commerce product, so that they don't have to always re-enter their credit card.
You can now allow sign up to your offline plans (i.e. plans which are not directly offered on your website) through a direct link using URL triggers, which you can selectively provide to your customers as you see fit.
You will be able to listen to a a new JS event whenever a modal component is displayed on Pelcro's React Elements. This can be leveraged for any needed confirmations, forms, media displays, multi-step processes, or even for analytics purposes (for example, to track your conversion rates).
ecommerce.order.created webhook which is triggered when a new e-commerce order is created. The notification contains all the information contained in the ecommerce order.
SECURITY ENHANCEMENTS & BUG FIXES
- If there's something strange.. inside your code.. who you gonna call? Well, no need to, we're already taking care of it!
We've simplified our getting started guide to help you quickly get started with using Pelcro for your website through a basic configuration that should take a few minutes to complete. It's as easy as 1-2-3.
We'd like you to always feel in control of the product, and able to work autonomously with minimal effort without jumping through hoops, that's why we are constantly working to update our documentation to ensure it remains up-to-date, relevant, easily accessible and structured in a consistent manner. Check it out here!