The learning and knowledge that we have, is, at the most, but little compared with that of which we are ignorant.”
(BC 428-7 - 348-7 BC)
Plato is one of those historical icons who seldom needs an introduction. He was (and remains), by all measures, one of the most influential philosophers and writers in ancient Greece. The questions he raised at his time were so profound and richly provocative to an extent that transformed the intellectual currents of his time, and continued to influence educated readers of nearly every period after. The founder of the Platonist school did a lot to change the way we think about the world, but perhaps one of his most influential contributions was the Theory of Forms: Abstract, perfect, unchanging concepts or ideals that transcend time and space.
Plato drives us to connect with the world around us, while seeking to be part of something higher. In that sense, while our primary motif is to build value-centric solutions, we build those solutions with a uniqueness in the way they work which satisfies criteria that go well beyond the functional and into the psychological and aesthetics of how they are designed. We ultimately seek to enable your business to connect your audience, customers, partners, and systems in a way that is both pleasent and productive.
Without further ado, we’re excited to unveil our latest and greatest release, rich with innovations that helps you thrive in a digital-first world:
- First and foremost: Pelcro now supports changing existing subscriptions without having to cancel and recreate them. One of the most common changes this functionality introduces is enhancing the flow for upgrading or downgrading the subscription price, for example, when your customers might want to switch from your basic offering to your pro offering, or vice-versa. This feature also takes Proration into account, and automatically handles different proration scenarios (or no proration at all - entirely at your control) without any headache. All you'll need to do is leverage our SDK API methods within your website pricing or subscription sections, and we'll handle the rest. Make sure to check out our subscription guide for more details and guidance
- We've enhanced the flow of creating coupons for your eCommerce products, by giving you granular control over the specific eCommerce product SKUs which your coupon can target. This helps you ensure that your offers and discount vouchers are more structured and easy to track later on.
All of Pelcro's exports will now contain an 'Object ID'. This helps you tie in the exported data on your payment gateway provider account with all of your Pelcro account's data: Customers, Subscriptions, Invoices, Payments, Refunds, Credit Notes, Customer Balances, Taxes, and eCommerce Orders.
List exports now include the current phase ID of the relevant subscriptions, to help you to keep track of the number of shipments remaining from a reporting perspective.
We have implemented a few enhancements in the way our accounting reports are generated in the backend, to improve our accounting reports performance and minimize any related mishaps or response errors. With these changes, you'll be able to see any informational updates on the accounting reports for the current month on a daily basis, however, updates for the historical accounting reports will be reflected at the beginning of each month.
We have deprecated our current newsletters export functionality, replacing it with a modern solution that leverages exporting in chunks. This ensures that all the data being exported is completed seamlessly without any interruptions.
- You are now able to see the Group owner Plan ID as part of the response payload for the plan information. This is applicable to endpoints for subscriptions, plans, and products APIs, as well as related webhooks. You can now use this information for any tracking or reporting purposes relating to your group subscriptions.
- You can now renew subscriptions directly through our core API using our new subscription renewal endpoint.
INTERFACE REFINEMENT & CUSTOMIZATION
- All websites have a common requirement: for visitors to take the next step. Sometimes, you want your audience to get a sneak peak of what you're offering, without giving away the whole show, and your website needs to be designed so that they want to follow through. With that in mind, we're introducing the ability to blur some of the content on your website pages based on whether users or visitors are entitled for said content with their subscription. That way, you can show your audience a preview of your content, without compromising your site design, complete with a call-to-action notification which will selectively display all of your products and plans that offer the full content. Check out our documentation for more details.
- We've made a few tweaks to refine the look and feel of our gift creation and redemption flow so that your customers can personalize their gifts in the way they want to; Signed, sealed, and delivered!
- With conversions, every small detail can go a long way. As such, our user interface will now trigger the login modal component in cases where your site visitors are going through your content, and happen to click on the save or follow button while they are not logged in. This is one additional front to help expand your user base with behavior in mind.
- We have improved how the save/follow article functionality works in the backend so that it responds faster and better in a seamless manner.
- Additionally, we've enhanced some of our alert messages to be consistent with our React Elements designs.
SECURITY ENHANCEMENTS & BUG FIXES
- We've run out of catchy puns related to bug fixes, so we decided to list some of the bugs we've fixed, and let our work speak for itself:
- Collaborators not being able to update their profile's name and contact through the platform.
- Metadata filtration not working correctly when expanding a specific metadata value with the 'eq' operator.
- Some of the state field's values not being displayed in state dropdown lists when they contain a special character.
- Some bugs related to how the end dates are displayed on our React interface components.
- We'd like you to always feel in control of the product, and able to work autonomously with minimal effort without jumping through hoops, that's why we are constantly working to update our documentation to ensure it remains up-to-date, relevant, easily accessible and structured in a consistent manner. Check it out here!