Man is the measure of all things.”
(BC 490 - BC 420)
Protagoras was a man that often found himself questioning truth, a pre-socratic philosopher whom Plato credits with inventing the role of a professional sophist. Many great philosophers built on his work, resulting in the literary expansion on the idea of how man is the source of truth for measuring all things.
Influenced by Protagoras’s contemplations, we understand that usability is ultimately not about technology; it’s about people, and how they understand and use things. It’s the fine line that defines the difference between making a simple product and making a product simple. That’s exactly why we constantly set out our interface to capitalize on tweaks and enhancements -little or large as they may be- with a user-centered experience in mind. We believe that this is the defining metric for usability and the indisputable single source of truth for value creation.
Let’s take a look at some of our v1.43 updates:
- Got a special occasion coming up and concerned you might miss sending that special someone a treat to their favorite online magazine? You can now schedule gifts ahead of time! You can choose the specific date to trigger sending the gift on, and even customize your very own gift message which will be included in the email address sent on that date. This can be done either from the website interface or directly through the platform. In case you're using Pelcro's Mailchimp integration, we've also added a new event notification that leverages this feature. (Because the greatest gifts are not wrapped in paper, but in love).
- From the List builder, you can now view all the list details for lists which you’ll create, including all of the filters that were applied to said lists, after it has been created. This helps you ensure that you have applied the right filters to the list, or retrieve this information later on for future lists without having to start from scratch
- We know how important it is for you to not only keep an eye on your business financial data, but also, have them handy for any future reporting, logging or audits. That’s why as part of your Pelcro enterprise subscription, you can now export and download all of your accounting reports directly to your computer. One small step for us, one giant step for your financial team.
- In addition to the creation date, you now have the ability to see and track when a customer modifies their respective addresses with a date stamp. This provides you with increased visibility over customer activities from both a logging and support perspective. Learn more here.
- We’ve said it once, and we’ll say it again: When it comes to the online experience, every. second. counts. That’s why we continue to make small tweaks here and there to ensure that your Pelcro experience is both valuable and seamless, among which:
- When working with country fields in any relevant flow (for example when configuring products or plans), you now have the option to select or deselect all countries in a single click, rather than having to enter them one country at a time.
- We’ve adjusted the interface for selecting sites for your collaborators to use checkboxes for a more mobile-friendly experience.
- Added New
invoice.upcoming webhookwebhook which is triggered ahead of an expected invoice is expected. You can configure the number of days ahead to get notified on per your needs. Learn more here.
- Added New
customer.password_update.succeededwebhook which is triggered whenever a user changes their password. This can be leveraged for any security-type reporting for your platform, and gives you more insight about your user activities. Learn more here.
- Added New
subscription.gift_notificationwebhook which is triggered whenever it's time to send a notification to the gift recipient, according to the gift date which has been set on the gift subscription during it's creation. Learn more here.
SECURITY ENHANCEMENTS & BUG FIXES
- When it comes to bugs and security vulnerabilities, in the great words of Mr. Schwarzenegger: Hasta la Vista, baby!
- We'd like you to always feel in control of the product, and able to work autonomously with minimal effort without jumping through hoops, that's why we are constantly working to update our documentation to ensure it remains up-to-date, relevant, easily accessible and structured in a consistent manner. Check it out here!