“Numbers have a way of taking a man by the hand and leading him down the path of reason.”
(570 BC - 495 BC)
Your data can be the wellspring of brilliant insights and empowering analytics, both of which will enable you to understand your users better. However, to reach that level of understanding and to be able to make decisions based on tangible proof and statistics, you need to collect, analyze, and manage your data effectively, and these are all things the great philosopher Pythagoras excelled at.
Pythagoras dedicated his life to furthering the field of mathematics. On that journey, he improved his findings by analyzing the data in front of him. Thanks to his rigorous process, Pythagoras was able to come up with the theory of functional significance of numbers in the objective world and in music. Better yet, his contributions are so wide and vast that many of them impact our lives till this day: Who doesn’t remember learning the Pythagorean theorem to calculate the length of the hypotenuse of a right angled triangle?
So without further ado, let’s introduce Release v1.49 Pythagoras.
BetaWe're introducing a major overhaul in how our group subscriptions work. With our new member management mechanism, You can now group together individual subscriptions in a much more seamless way so that they can be invoiced on one consolidated invoice that is issued on the primary members' billing schedule. This makes it easier for you to provide simultaneous access for larger groups of users or several customers to your product or service in the easiest way possible.
- To facilitate your sales operations management, we added a new Collaborator type: "Sales Representative". What's special about these collaborators is that they will have a "Commission" attribute that enables you to set, control, and track any subscription-revenue related commissions which are tied to your sales reporting and analytics. This works great when your subscriptions tracking get increasingly complex, or when you work with a large team of sales representatives, and you can't do the mental math as quickly.
- To supplement the above sales representative role, We also added a new report to our analytics module which provides insights about the number of subscriptions within a given period broken down by your sales representatives. The report enables you to further drill down on relevant subscriptions on a product or even plan level. This report saves you additional steps in extracting sales-driven insights which drive the financials of your business.
- Webhooks provide many benefits for your engineering team in situations where you are connecting another application to your Pelcro platform, and are an efficient option for sending information to other applications without having to set up complicated processes or potentially miss important information (the more the merrier). With that in mind, we introduced major revisions to our webhooks section, most prominently giving you the ability create more than 1 webhook that can subscribe to specific event triggers (entirely at your control), along with an associated description for each webhook so that you can differentiate between the webhooks you are creating.
- One additional major introduction with this release are Platform activity logs, which provide auto-generated detailed information for of everything that happens on your site platform. These logs ensure accountability when a given activity has not been performed as expected, make troubleshooting errors easier, speed up diagnosing problems, and help you meet regulatory standards by several regulatory compliance bodies(GDPR, for instance).
Last but not least, we introduced a few improvements in line with our continuous efforts to make your user experience exceptional:
- To speed up precious seconds when adding payment methods, specifically for customers which have no billing address available, we added a small dropdown that helps you choose from existing addresses on the account, and autofill the address form.
- We added the "Product ID" on dropdown selections which are tied to products, so that you're able to distinguish between any similar or duplicated products within your product catalog easily.
- We included a dynamic character counter for your gift messages whenever you're creating a gift subscription, so that you're able to visually keep track of the message length and ensure it does not exceed the allowed character count (This is also included on the gift message counterpart on our user interface).
- Finally, we introduced minor platform performance enhancements which can help keep the speed in tip-top shape.
- Your customer's donations can make a real difference not only for the community, but also for how your business can create the ripple you wish to see in the world. That's why it's important to keep them on the radar, and exactly why we added a new section on your end user interface to ensure that donations are tracked separate from traditional subscriptions, which gains visibility for your regular and enthusiastic contributors to be contagious and inspire the people around them to also make a difference.
We've introduced an enhancement that enables you to filter events within our Zinio integration based on entitlements. This enables you to selectively be notified of specific Zinio events that you would like to have highlighted in your notifications.
We've also introduced a couple of enhancements to our MailChimp integration, vis-a-vis:
- We can now sync (invoice.upcoming) events to Mailchimp for tracking any upcoming invoices automatically.
- We added a new variable to the following events: (order.created, charge.succeeded & order.payment) to display the total amount in regular units instead of cents.
- Fixed: Visual bugs related to gift renewal CTA exceeding the standard screen size in mobile views.
- Fixed: Minor bug related to data sources for the active subscription report not visible in the exports.
- Fixed: Validation errors not being displayed when attempting to use the current period end parameter for trial plans within the API.
- Fixed: Invoices exports failing when the invoice belongs to specific deleted users.
- We'd like you to always feel in control of the product, and able to work autonomously with minimal effort without jumping through hoops, that's why we are constantly working to update our documentation to ensure it remains up-to-date, relevant, easily accessible and structured in a consistent manner. Check it out here!