"The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it"
- J.S. Mill (1806 - 1873)
John Stuart Mill was the most famous influential British philosopher of the 19th century, and a prominent figure in articulating the liberal platform and various liberal reforms. He was groomed from birth by his father to become the ultimate Victorian intellectual and utilitarian reformer, and left a lasting legacy as a logician and an ethical theorist.
Mill's theory essentially comes down to setting out that actions are right in proportion as they tend to promote overall human happiness. Inspired by Mill's work, we're embracing a focus on two critical concepts with this release and new releases to come: End User Experience and Information Privacy. Your positive experience with our products and services is a critical component of our brand, and that's why we continue to incorporate your feedback to grow and take the necessary safeguards to ensure that your information is securely protected.
Let's take a look at some of our new improvements:
- A complete dashboard user interface overhaul! We modernized the look and the feel of the user dashboard, and made sure that we maintained an intuitive experience while doing so!
- A lot of improvements to your interface as well, in a way that is a lot more consistent now.
- We completely changed the way we do styling! We're now following a utility-first approach using Tailwind, developers will now find it easier to customize the styling using CSS.
- All these changes are part of our new beta React elements library, which we're releasing today! So you can use it as a starting point instead of having to start from scratch.
- Through the Platform, Clients now have the ability to enable their customers to subscribe to specific plans with the "Send Invoice" option, if said plans supports it.
- You now have new API endpoints to allow you to opt-out customers.
- MAPP's Custom fields are now supported through the newsletter create/update endpoints.
- New attributes are sent to MAPP Transactional email templates via Pelcro's Invoice resource.
CORE API IMPROVEMENTS
- New Invoice endpoints with void and pay_offline capabilities
- New Subscription endpoints to list, create, retrieve, update and delete, with limited capabilities
- You can now redeem gifted subscriptions as a future renewal phase on top of an existing subscription
- You can easily associate group owner plan to group user plans using the new input field "group owner plan" in the plan's form
JS SDK IMPROVEMENTS
- We've added a new 'getByProductId' method to the e-commerce module to get a product by its id.
- We've added a new 'getBySkuId' method to the e-commerce module to get an SKU by its id.
- We've added a new method "Pelcro.user.authenticate" to authenticate a user with an authToken.
A core part of GDPR compliance is ensuring that Pelcro implement security best practices for safeguarding personal data. Pelcro have made the following updates to ensure that we're keeping your users’ data (and your data in general) safe:
- Some of the annoying BUGs have been addressed to cater for your experience, which we'll not BUG you with right now.