Fraud prevention is crucial to maintaining the security of your online business. Pelcro takes a variety of different precautionary methods to ensure that your data and online operating experience are safe and secure when using the platform. We have 3 main fraud prevention options;
- Risk Assesment Feature
- Customer Email Verification
- CVC Credit Card Check
Protecting your site from Fraud can be essential to your business. Malicious software and abusive activities are very common on the internet, and protecting your site from fraud will provide you with a more seamless experience with Pelcro. Some examples of fraudulent activity:
- Card Testing Attack: Card testing is a type of fraudulent activity where someone tries to determine if stolen card information can be used to make purchases.
- Account Creation Fraud: This relates to any customer account created using fraudulent information.
Those fraudulent activities can be monitored by Pelcro while leveraging reCAPTCHA which is a system that enables web hosts to distinguish between human and automated access to websites.
In order to activate this feature, please follow the instructions below:
1. IMPORTANT: This feature is only supported with our default UI and version 2.6.0+ of our react elements. If you have your own implementation or if you're unsure, please contact [email protected] or your Account Manager before enabling.
2. Log in to Pelcro and go to your settings.
3. Click on Fraud Prevention as shown in the image below.
4. Next, click on the "Click to enable risk assessment" button. You will then see 4 options under 'Behavior':
- Create risk assessment without blocking: This will generate a risk assessment without blocking any suspicious activity on your site.
- Block when request presents a medium risk: This will generate a risk assessment, and if any request was deemed to be a medium risk or above, then it will be blocked.
- Block when request presents a high risk: This will generate a risk assessment, and if any request was deemed to be a high risk or above, then it will be blocked.
- Block when request presents a very high risk: This will generate a risk assessment, and if any request was deemed to be a very high risk, then it will be blocked.
Please select the option you want and click on Save.
5. Risk Assessment is now activated on your site. Please make sure that you have followed the steps carefully.
The Customer Email Verification feature on Pelcro, if enabled, will require your customers to verify their email. Pelcro will send out an email with a verification link to your customers. If they do not verify their email, they will have limited access to the Pelcro features such as subscriptions and e-commerce purchases.
This can greatly support you in Fraud Prevention as the customers will have limited functionality until they verify that they are using a real email.
If you would like to activate this feature, please make sure you have the updated version (3.0.0) of React Pelcro JS. If you're not sure, please contact your account manager.
To activate this feature, go to your settings page on Pelcro, click on 'Settings', and then scroll down to 'Customer email verification' and enable the feature.
When the option for "Decline credit cards when CVC check is set to unavailable" is enabled, only credit cards used for payment that has passed CVC checks would be allowed to complete a transaction.
Updated 4 months ago